Strategic Direction Case Study:
Paying Attention to the Customer’s Voice
- The hotel organization wanted feedback from top customers on how they were doing, including thoughts on new initiatives and programs that were about to be rolled out.
- Ensure the customers felt they could be completely honest and open.
- Free up the company executives such that they weren’t required to present, prepare, or perform during these sessions; allow them to listen more intently and network with the customers to enhance relationships.
- As a professional facilitator, JH Hospitality worked with the client to develop a core list of topics and feedback areas. Created objective questions that elicited insightful responses while not leading them to the answers hotel executives wanted to hear.
- Developed an interesting introduction to the topic to encourage conversation. Created a closing that left the customer feeling the session had come to a logical conclusion.
- Synthesized the feedback into a recap that was actionable.
Asking customers for their input intensified the relationship and increased their loyalty to the organization. Customers provided valuable feedback on current and future programs.